Friday, May 17, 2024

Destiny

 'Lalita Asaram Pavara'—I still remember the entire name. Because it is the same. Because of the strange events that happened in her young life. Sangeeta, Lalita, and Pinky were all three sisters studying at our school. Pinky is the youngest, and Sangeeta is the eldest. Middle Lalita in my class. She was very close to me, like other children. Telling the essence of the mind and then looking at me. She was a little older than the other girls, but innocent. She answered all my questions honestly. The government will distribute two uniforms to each student. So it was compulsory for every student to wear a uniform to school. On August 15, Independence Day, it was compulsory for every student to wear a uniform. But on this day too, Lalita came wearing a long skurt Polka. I got angry with her and asked her to come in uniform. The kid just ran and came dressed in uniform. The morning round started. In between, Lalita said, 'Madam, I am coming from home; I will come immediately",  she ran away. Lalita rejoined the rally as Prabhat Feri took a detour through the next lane and headed towards her residence. I asked her the reason for going back home. 

'Madam, I went to wear pants'. She simply said I didn't understand the meaning. When I asked her in detail, I found out that when she wears Parkar  polka, which she doesn't want to wear. Used pants only when wearing school uniforms. . I did not understand the meaning of her words. 

"' Madam, I have only one panty." Her answer made me feel ashamed of myself.

Her reply to my question about why she doesn't wear uniforms every day was just as mind-numbing.

' My father said to keep the school clothes in a box. I used to use it when I went to the village. Because these clothes are new.'

Even today, whenever I see children in school uniform with their families, Lalita remembers. Her father was not ready to send his girls to school. But Lalitha likes school. One day in school, I had a fierce argument with her father in the office. But finally, Lalita got to come to school. After this incident, Lalita became closer. One day, Lalita was very happy. 'Madam Sangeeta got married. Her house is very good. There is a TV, and there is a mixer. She was saying it excitedly. A few days later, it was learned that there was a fight in her house, and her younger sister died in it. The incident was very bad. A year later, Lalitha also died. Both incidents were very heartbreaking. But she was born into a family where both birth and death are beyond emotions. So we swooshed for some time.After some days, I became engrossed in my life, as such was their fate. (2009/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pari (fairy)

   '"If you don't bring me almonds tomorrow, look!" The little pari pointed her index finger at me and said to me 'I ...