Sunday, March 31, 2024

change

 In 1999, I transferred to a new school. As the village advanced, there were no dialect problems. I enjoyed teaching because the class was quiet and studious. The relationship between students and me is slowly getting stronger. But two students remain isolated from us. Their names are Dashrath and Kuvarjit. They are very naughty and rude. Their favorite thing to do is not listen to anyone and just mess around in class. Give very dirty and obscene insults. Hearing this, I was very angry. But there was no effect on them. Finally, we all held hands with them. Throw in the sand. But both stuck to their positions. That's how the year went. Stop communicating with them for a year; overcome their pranks. The year ended. I had the same class in 4th grade. Rakshabandhan came. We celebrated the festival of Rakshabandhan in class. Girls tied rakhis to all their classmates. Leaving only Dasharatha and Kuvarjit. The program is over. We started our work. Then I realized that someone was crying outside the classroom. When I came out, I saw Dasaratha and Kuvarjit. The whole class was stunned by me. I can't believe these kids can cry. But the boy' was crying a lot. I took them close and asked them why they was crying. We were again shocked to hear the reason. They were crying because no girl tied them  rakhi. After that, two girls tied Rahi to them. Both children fell to their feet. The spoiled kids became the best students in the school. An incident changed their lives and mine. I learned a new lesson: love can change every student, and I still feel it to this day. I got transferred, but they both are well remembered forever. Back when the topic of Dashrath came up in the chat, suddenly sir said, 'I didn't tell you, Dashrath committed suicide in the 10th standard'. I was numb as soon as I heard this. How could such a brave boy commit suicide? And why? There was no answer. How can we make such a big mistake in understanding children that it leads to the end of the child's life? I fell short in Dasharatha's case or their parents ?.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pari (fairy)

   '"If you don't bring me almonds tomorrow, look!" The little pari pointed her index finger at me and said to me 'I ...