Tuesday, April 30, 2024

TINGU

 As usual, I got the first standard. Since it had been three years since I came to this school, I had become well acquainted with the village. There were about 65 to 68 students. Since it is the first standard, songs, chats, and telling stories are the only things that work in the beginning. When the children realized that their teacher was not even angry, they also became brave. Activities such as sitting very close, asking a lot of questions, chatting a lot, and even telling the essence of the heart are going on in full swing. We used to sing it in school by preparing three or four lines for each student in the class. All the children were happy. Whose name is being used in the poem to mean shy, laugh, and be happy? Among the children was a small boy with a very short stature; his name was Ajay ,.His favorite place is to lean on the table, which is very close to me. These songs were composed by him.

"There was a tingu, a small tingu.
Tingu used to jump. 
He started jumping, 
When jumping,he fell down.
start crying a lot, 
mother came running,
fed him sweets, 
and Tingu is laughing. "
. As soon as the song started, Tingu started shying, and it was very funny. The confusion, the chatter, the chattering like that—I didn't know how the time passed.
Tingu also loves to study. I continued to write while Tingu sat in his favorite spot right next to my feet and studied quietly. It is not known when this quiet, shy Tingu became a lover. One day, I went because I was called to the office. Children were also given such instructions. It took some time because of the important work. When I come to the class after finishing work, there will be a war in the class. A huge mess. Some children are rolling on the window, some on the floor, some fighting, and some on each other. Igot scared. If anyone is injured, repeatedly saying "sit quietly in your seat" has no effect. Finally, when everyone was patted on the back, the class quieted down, and everyone sat down. Of course, after a while, I and the children also forgot about this incident. Let's start chatting again. After school, all the children said goodbye and left. From the second day, however, I started to feel that something was wrong. I didn't know what it was. The space near my feet started to feel empty. Never staying at home, Tingu started avoiding going to school. I was surprised. Tingu's mother was a divorced woman. Tingu is her only son. She wants him to learn and become a well-educated person. I don't understand Tingu's behavior. He used to get abdominal pain right when he wanted to come to school; sometimes he would even pee in his shorts. Both me and his mother are worried. One day, Tingu was brought to school by holding his hand. Mother stood near the gate and asked her to go home. After a while, Tingu got pee into shorts. It was decided not to send him home today. He was taken to the toilet, his pants were washed, he was cleaned, and he was also seated in the classroom. Dry the shorts at the gate. In rural areas, it is good that there is no rule that children should be fully clothed. So no one laughed at Tingu. Class work started like every day. Meanwhile, the shorts were brought to dry, and Tingya put them on. But today Tingya sat in school full time. Started coming to the same school again. I spent most of the time observing Tingu. I did not know why he was behaving like this. He never stopped sitting near me. Tingu was scared even when I came near. I also felt this was a puzzle and needed to be solved. Talking to his mother, I came to know that his father used to beat her a lot. And all of them were watching, so if someone hit anyone, it would have a huge impact. I had a sudden realization. When patted was given to all the children, Tingu was given it unknowingly. I don't see Tingu sitting by the table quietly studying. Tingu was under pressure due to my mistake. I was very sorry. Now it is more important to bring Tingu closer than before. And it took me almost a year to complete this work. After going to the second grade, the second semester Tingu was back to normal.At that time, I slapped everyone, but Tingu was deeply wounded. Tingu was a good example of how our behavior affects the inner minds of children. The beating by his father was deeply etched in Tingu's mind, and my slaps re-inflamed the wound. But now, no matter how chaotic the class is, I close my eyes and recite the numbers from one to ten. Until then, the children had automatically gone to the place. Tingu taught me that playing can calm the class. (Year 2007/8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pari (fairy)

   '"If you don't bring me almonds tomorrow, look!" The little pari pointed her index finger at me and said to me 'I ...