Monday, April 29, 2024

self respect

 When did man begin to lie? If we search into this, we can conclude that'man, when he became aware of fear, he began to lie'. Children lie out of fear of punishment. Once children realize that they will not be physically punished if they make a mistake, children are less likely to lie. That's why I always try to inculcate the belief in my classes that even if a mistake is made, you will not be punished. Happily, I have always been successful in this. I make it a rule in every school to admit mistakes and say sorry. And we all implemented it. A quarrel between two friends used to be resolved as an apology.Once, Anil came late after a lunch break. I got angry and asked him why he was late. "Ma'am, I was watching TV; I didn't know it was late," Anil said innocently. "To say that you don't feel ashamed"?" I said it angrily.

Ma'am, you told me to tell the truth," Anil replied defiantly. "I was unresponsive! Admitting mistakes and saying sorry were strictly followed in my class. Therefore, there were no quarrels in the class. Only Anil was too afraid to say sorry. Especially to Nandini. Most of the time, after school, the children used to play on the school premises. 

Once after school, the children started playing cricket. While playing, the ball hit them while a madam was passing by. Madam screamed loudly at Atul. A small baby was near the madman. As a mother, it is natural for her to be worried. Atul came closer and said sorry, madam. It's happening by mistake. Madam got angry with Atul again. But now Atul has lost his patience. "Madam, I am saying sorry to you, and you are not listening to me. You are making me angry again.?You are madam; do you like to behave like this?” Atul's face was red with anger. Even though he admitted the mistake and said sorry, he could not bear this madam shouting at him. I was on leave that day. Sir came home. Looking at me, he said, "What exactly do you teach children?" "What happened?" I asked. "Today you wanted to see Atul's form at school." Self-respect was evident in his face and words". Sir told me the whole incident in detail. I was very surprised. Even today, my students always argue with me if they do not agree on a point. But today, it proved that they can assert their opinion even outside. . The next day, I went to school. After going to class, the children told me the essence. Fear was visible on Atul's face. The fear was that madam would be angry with me. "Madame, even if I said sorry, that madam was saying anything to me. Stupid, mindless. That's why I got angry." He started saying it with his head down. I held him close and moved my hand over his head. "Like this, always show self-respect. Chanting:That's all I could say. Tears welled up in my eyes. Tribal children are very timid. Urban, educated people are oppressed by them. When they see strangers or new people, they are bashful. So I appreciated Atul's behavior. My colleagues never liked my behavior. But it was perfect for me. A student should never be a victim of a teacher's go. So the children had full freedom to debate and oppose me. It is very important for everyone to be able to express their opinion strongly. Our generation did not have this freedom. We suffered very bad consequences. Once I was chatting with the kids and asked, "Hey, all the teachers talk to their students in your dialect. I only speak Marathi. Does it bother you? I don't know Ahirani., but then I will learn it." "Madam, nobody speaks Marathi in our house or in the street. If you don't speak this Marathi, then how will we learn Marathi?" Kunal was saying, "Madam, if we can't speak Marathi, then everyone will laugh at us in high school." Anil said. I was surprised to hear him speak. This was a good example of how deep children can think. A school had a similar experience. In order to break the habit of abusing children, the rule "He who speaks badly will say sorry" was devised. Children followed suit. Once I saw Deepak's hair style, I got angry with him. "Did you cut like a sheep?" "Madam, you said sorry to Deepak!" Sagar said it suddenly. I said it to Deepak like a sheep. I quickly said sorry to Deepak. The children's faces were full of joy. I must have said sorry so many times that year. I always liked to call girls sparrows and boys parrots. The funny thing is that I still haven't lost the habit of calling those sparrows parrots. I can never forget the anger of my 4th grade students after the Pulwam attack and the joy after the surgical strike. . What else is meant by the inculcation of moral values in children? Children have feelings and a sense of self. If we respect ourselves and preserve our self-respect, then we benefit from our teaching and studies. And self-respecting citizens are very important for a corruption-free country. Because self-esteem is the foundation of a cultured and value-added life (2017/18),.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pari (fairy)

   '"If you don't bring me almonds tomorrow, look!" The little pari pointed her index finger at me and said to me 'I ...