Friday, May 10, 2024

Who knows how?

 We always say that children are 'innocent, innocent, like the flowers of heaven'. But there were some flowers that came my way that really messed me up, of course, because it was all straight-minded, so I laughed at the incident.

My sweet student , Kishore, IV standard was absent one day. He was naughty. Students in the class informed me that Kishore is playing at home. I set out to transport him home with the intention of fetching him to the school. But there are a lot of thousands in my mind: 'What is the problem with coming to school regularly? Does not pay attention to the house. What to do?' I didn't know when I reached in front of Kishore's house with such a chatter in my mind. There was a crowd in front. I don't know anything. Meanwhile, Kishore's father came forward, seeing me. "Madam, Kishore will not come to school for a few days as my father died." He said. I nodded and returned. I was going to make myself laugh by trusting the children's slaps out of the mischievousness that only a Kishor should be punished. I was saved by his parents.

The exam was over, and the fee collection started. 5 rupee examination fee deposit and register those students. We should pay the fees of those who are able to collect the fees.Those who are not able to deposit the fee have to pay the fee. One day, while checking the list, it was realized that Kishore had not deposited the fee. I called him and asked about the fee. He said he had deposited the fee. 'But your name is not on the list, so you are lying.' I asked.'No, ma'am, I swear, I paid the fee'. Kishore say.I laughed. Swearing up and down is a favorite activity of children.' Swear to the person you love the most. But you know what happens when you swear falsely, don't you?" I asked jokingly."Yes, ma'am, the person who swears falsely dies," said the Kishor."Okay, who do you swear by.?" I asked. I was curious about his answer."Your oath, ma'am, I paid the fee"," said the Kishor innocently.But now I can't stop laughing. I don't know whether to appreciate his love for me or praise him for swearing and answering me.

Rushi and Rushali are my children, as well as my students. After listening to stories from the Ramayana, both of them asked me a question."Mom, why is Bibhishan so good and Ravana, Kumbhakarna, and Shurpanakha so bad? Are they full siblings? So how is there such a difference?""Ravana's mother, Kekasi, was a demon, and his father was a sage, Vishravaya. Bibhishan acquired his father's qualities and became a devotee; the rest of the siblings went to the mother and became evil because they acquired demonic qualities." With my answer, Rushi thought for some time.""Mummy, I am lucky that; I'm going to like papa!" I was stunned for a moment when I heard him say that. How can children think the same? The smile that came to me after that has not stopped to this day. I still remember him exhaling and saying that.

 Harshal is a very mischievous yet sweet student. He always used to argue with the teachers who came for an internship. One day, the argument escalated, and Harshal said it angrily.""You don't listen to me; swear by the person you talk to on the phone all the time." A poor girl had recently gotten married. 

While in the second standard, Rushali asked, "Mummy, how was the baby born?" I was a little confused. Then I said, "I told God to give me sweet Pari, then DevBappa secretly placed you in my bosom.""Anyway, I know how babies are born." But now I really hit my head.

Pollination of flowers was taught in Class IV. Punam suddenly stood up and said, "Madam, how is the baby going in the mother's womb?"All the boys and girls started laughing. I silenced all of them.Ponam, dear, the baby is formed in the mother's womb. It is formed from the mother's flesh, cells, and bones. The baby eats what the mother eats. It is formed slowly in the mother's womb. The rest of the information is when you go to college."

Poetry was taught in the third standard. At the end, I started asking questions. There was a beautiful poem like 'Padgham Varati Tipri Padli'. The children were happily answering."Why do you think the old lady fills the sky? To my questions, Nandini said, "We don't feel anything like that. Only you do.""We know it is the voice of the clouds," said Anil. Now, what shall I say? I am very happy that my students don't just learn from books but think and answer for themselves. We always say that children know nothing, but children often say things that we can't even think of. Who knows how this thinking power suggests speaking?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pari (fairy)

   '"If you don't bring me almonds tomorrow, look!" The little pari pointed her index finger at me and said to me 'I ...