Sunday, May 5, 2024

Wrong or right

 . Most of the time, questions arise regarding the behavior of children. Their behavior, which is good at the practical level, is wrong from the moral point of view. But morally ideal behavior is practically irresponsible.A biscuit or some fruit is distributed to children in school to eat every Saturday. One Saturday, biscuits started being given to the children. It was forced to stop eating whole biscuits in school itself. Children had to do this because they were more interested in playing than eating. Sachin took the packet and said, 'Madam, my mother loves biscuits, and she is sick, so I am taking this packet home.'I was very happy. Appreciating his love for his mother, I again gave him a biscuit packet for his mother and asked him to finish a packet in school. One day, Sachin's mother was seen going to the field while the paripatha was going on. I called her and also appreciated Sachin's love for her.'Sachin has a lot of love for you; he was not eating biscuits for you.' Hearing my words, she started laughing. '' Hey ma'am, he doesn't like biscuits. But you asked him to eat, so he slapped it. How sick am I?'I laughed. But thoughts started in my mind: how can these children use their emotions at such a young age? How can they lie so easily?In my class, I used to insist that the children attend school on time every day. What is new in this, you may think? But why should children come to school on time in rural areas after their parents leave for the farm in the morning? Because no one says, 'It's time for school; go to school'. When the school bell rings, children think that school has opened. . Therefore, the children who come late to school are definitely playing or wandering .Two girls in my first standard used to come late every day; even if school started at 11 o'clock, they would reach school by 12 o'clock. Kamala Bai and another Sarla Bai. That's why Bai was always added after the names of the girls. Kamal's mother had met me and told me that when the goatherd comes, Kamal has to come to school after handing over our goats to him. So her late arrival is understandable. But what about Sarla? . One day, Sarla was called and asked the reason for coming late. Sarla started crying. "Madam, I have a stepmother. She annoys me a lot. Asks to do all the housework. If I don't, it will hurt a lot." Sarla was saying that I felt very sad. I moved my hand from her back and asked her to sit up. In the afternoon, during the lunch break, I went to my school's cook aunt. Her house was near Sarla's house. I told everything to the aunt and asked about Sarla's mother. ' Ma'am, her mother is not a stepmother. Sarla lies. She does not work at home at all. always playing with friends. Her poor mother does everything alone.' Aunty was saying it with a smile.' I had doubts. Because I met Sarla's mother when I admitted her to the school,' I replied.The next morning, Sarla's mother came to meet me at school. The poor lady was very embarrassed.' Madam, I am Sarla's real mother. She does not work at all at home. It goes to play like this. The younger brother is not even given a simple nod. Avoid going to school again. So I bit her. But did I become her stepmother?' The poor woman spoke very tenderly. I explained it to her and sent it back.Single thoughts throughout the day and easy lies about simple things are common. But lies at such a young age? It was something to think about. There is nothing moral or immoral about it. No, neither the speaker nor the society. I don't know how to make children understand what is right and what is wrong. (2001/2)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pari (fairy)

   '"If you don't bring me almonds tomorrow, look!" The little pari pointed her index finger at me and said to me 'I ...