Sunday, May 5, 2024

reality

 My overly idealistic views were always laughed  at home. Then all my usual efforts to prove that I am the right one. But suddenly some events happen, and I go with my idealism to that event.

 

Rohit was admitted to the first standard. While filling out the form, he said, Don't write my last name, bhil. I really liked Rohit telling his father that "I don't like caste". His father was also praised by me. A little boy standing anti-caste felt very appreciative. The next day, his father secretly filled out another form and asked me to put his caste instead of his last name. Because they said that no benefit scheme would be beneficial without caste. Rohit's angry face was in front of my eyes.

'Who will you be when you grow up?' Someone was answering my question as a doctor, engineer, lawyer, teacher, policeman, or military man. Deepak said, "Madam, I will study a lot; I will pass 12th. Then I will have to work in a cotton mill. Then I will get married. My mother says that only when you pass 12th grade and get a job in a cotton mill will you get a lady, and then you will get married."

Deepak recognized the real need for education. 

After school, Rushi from the second standard used to stand near the gate and hug every classmate. All the teaching colleagues were smiling. I was very angry. My son and such behavior? My ego is hurting! However, with as much anger as possible, I asked him the reason for his behavior. "Mummy, tomorrow is Eid, isn't it? I wish everyone Eid Mubarak." His innocent reply made me feel ashamed of my dirty vision. Ajju, my beloved son, used to call Rishi home every Eid.

We look at the world with dirty eyes and apply the same measure to students and children. As a result, innocent children become contaminated by our roots. And we are free to say that children are spoiled.

We forget the reality that children see the world through their own eyes.

(Year 2005/6)

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pari (fairy)

   '"If you don't bring me almonds tomorrow, look!" The little pari pointed her index finger at me and said to me 'I ...